Artist grants 2023
The Landis & Gyr Foundation awards artist grants to Swiss artists and cultural professionals in the following areas:
- Visual arts
The artist grants are awarded exclusively to individuals or established artistic partnerships with an outstanding record of achievement who are working on, or planning to work on, a specific project that encompasses one or more stays at a location of their choice. Recipients of an artist grant may choose where and when they will realise their project.
Who may apply
Applications are accepted from Swiss artists and cultural professionals as well as non-Swiss artists and cultural professionals whose official residence has been in Switzerland for three or more years at the time of submitting the application. Prerequisite for all applicants is an outstanding record of achievement in one of the disciplines named above. Artist grants are not designed to support artists at the start of their careers. There is no age limit.
Past recipients of a Landis & Gyr grant (residency, travel grant or artist grant) must wait at least three years before submitting a new application. The reference date is the date the final report was submitted. Persons who have unsuccessfully applied for a grant three times must wait three years before applying again. The reference date is the date the final report was submitted.
The following information is required for all applications:
- Letter of motivation/reason for application
- Documentation/portfolio of your artistic career and activities, including a curriculum vitae (please also provide a list of all grants and awards received to date, as well as previous residencies. All links in the document must be set as hyperlinks.)
- Project /description of planned activities during the funding year
- Level of artistic proficiency: artistic record of achievement and potential
- Need and motivation: the planned artistic activity in 2023 as well as the added value the project grant has for future artistic development
The Landis & Gyr Foundation offers
The Foundation awards 10 grants worth CHF 30'000 each year.
The Landis & Gyr Foundation takes the social security of cultural professionals seriously. Starting with the 2023 call for applications, mandatory social insurance contributions will be deducted for artist grants worth CHF 10,000 or more. More information
Linda Vogel, firstname.lastname@example.org, 041 725 23 50 (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)