What we support
Art and culture
The Landis & Gyr Foundation supports outstanding projects from a wide range of artistic disciplines. The main area of focus is professional, contemporary creative work in Switzerland, preferably in cooperation with a recognised organisation.
The Foundation is particularly interested in projects from the region of Zug/central Switzerland and from non-urban regions. In principle, however, creative work from all parts of Switzerland is supported.
In certain cases, a three-year grant may be awarded to cultural projects that are part of a larger partnership. In such cases, event organisers, festivals or groups with a proven track record are considered.
Societal development in Switzerland
In socio-cultural disciplines, the Landis & Gyr Foundation limits its support to cultural projects in Switzerland that deal with the integration of people from foreign cultures into Swiss society. The emphasis is placed on projects that strengthen the peaceful co-existence of different cultures in Switzerland and that thus positively impact solidarity in society. Interactive, participative elements in a project constitute an important factor in the selection process.
No support is offered for the following project types
- Applications from the amateur cultural scene
- School projects or projects from an education/training programme
- Financing of education programmes, dissertations or doctoral theses
- CD production or printing costs
- Production costs for films
- Monument protection, nature and cultural heritage protection
- Cost deficits
- Conferences, seminars, congresses
- Membership fees, charity events, calls for donations, fundraising
- Sponsoring requests
- PR projects and financing websites
- Social work
Checklist for applications
The following information is required for all applications:
- Letter of motivation
- Brief summary of project
- Detailed project description, including information on partners, place/date of event(s)
- Detailed budget with financing plan, including details of own financial contribution
We have no submission deadlines: applications in German, French, Italian or English can be submitted at any time, but at least three months before the start of the project. Our correspondence language is German.
In case of questions, please contact us directly: 041 725 23 50.