Landis & Gyr Foundation Award
The Landis & Gyr Foundation Award is presented in recognition of outstanding achievements by individuals or groups whose exemplary work has a strong positive impact on our culture or society.
The Award is conferred every two years.
Already in the early 1990s, the Landis & Gyr Foundation (then under the name Cultural Foundation Landis & Gyr Zug) recognised outstanding achievements in the following areas: promotion of language, literacy and literature; cultural, scholarly or social engagement; intercultural topics. These awards had various names and were conferred in irregular intervals.
Zurlauben Prize for the promotion of language and book culture
- Verein Bücher ohne Grenzen Schweiz VBOGS / Association Livres sans Frontières Suisse ALSFS (books without borders) (2010)
- Solothurner Literature Festival, Solothurn (2008)
- Bibliobus de l’Université populaire jurassienne, Delémont (library bus of the open university in Delémont) (2000)
- Literature programme of Swiss Radio DRS2, Basel (1995)
- Ammann publishing house, Zurich (1993)
K.H.Gyr Prize for ground-breaking work in culture, scholarship and society
- Ursula Brunner-Storz, Gerechter Bananenhandel, Frauenfeld, Thurgau (fair banana trade) (2003)
- Gallus Cadonau, ecological work, Zurich-Graubünden (1998)
- Forum for the Integration of Migrants FIMM Switzerland/Bern (2006)
- Festival Visions du réel, Nyon, Valais (1999)
- Organic farmers, Graubünden (1997)
- FEMIA/U. Kaiser, Valais (1993)