The LANDIS & GYR FOUNDATION (former Zuger Kulturstiftung Landis & Gyr) was founded in 1971 on the occasion of the 75th anniversary of Landis & Gyr Ltd. During its first years of funding activities, the Foundation supported cultural, scientific and charitable institutions and projects mainly in Zug and in Central Switzerland. The Foundation soon expanded its scope to the national level. Beginning in the early 1990s, the Foundation broadened its focus to include Eastern Europe.
- Atelier program for artists and cultural critics in London, Berlin (until 2013), Zug, Budapest and Bucharest (no applications from abroad)
- Long-term cooperation with regional and national cultural institutions in Switzerland
- Individual support of innovative cultural projects in Switzerland (no applications from abroad)
- Projects aimed at strengthening the cultural exchange between the language areas of Switzerland
- Strengthening the exchange with Eastern Europe through the support of scientific institutions in Budapest, Bucharest, and Sofia
- Encouragement and merit awards in cultural and socio-cultural areas (no applications possible)